Wednesday 13 June 2018

Old El Paso - Soft Taco Kit

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I thought I'd share something that's really simple and easy to make as well as looking pretty and colourful. These kits are available in all major supermarkets as well as other Mexican kits like Enchilada's and Quesadilla's.
Shall we get cooking?


Ingredients:
Old El Paso Stand N Stuff Soft Taco Kit
500 g minced beef
1 lettuce
2 tomatoes
125 g grated cheese

Start off by prepping your tomatoes and lettuce and grating your cheese.

Next brown the mince in a little oil on a medium heat for 4 minutes.

Next sprinkle over the seasoning mix and add 50 ml of water, give a good stir and simmer for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat.

While your mince is cooking heat your soft tortillas, you can heat them in the microwave by placing them on a microwavable plate and heating for 30 seconds on full power (800 watts). Or you can heat them in the oven at 165C (145C fan/Gas Mark 3), wrap the tortillas in foil or greaseproof paper and heat for 7-9 minutes.

Once everything is ready you can fill your tortillas with the mince, lettuce, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese as well adding salsa for topping.

I love these little kits as they are really quick and simple to make, I got the Smoky BBQ flavour as it was the mildest one they had at my local Tesco as Skye isn't a fan of spicy food. I think I may have burnt my mince a little but it still tasted really nice. I'm not normally a fan of tomatoes and lettuce but it made this recipe really refreshing. I also added sour cream to my plate as I love it and it gives your tongue a nice cooling affect from the spice of the salsa. I'm wanting to try all the other kits so watch this space and I'll share them with you when I do.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment