Monday 14 May 2018

Seventenn - Al1

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



I'm back with a new post on Seventeen and this week it's their 4th mini album Al1 which is also known as Alone, this mini album also appeared on My Top 10 K-pop Albums of 2017 list, coming in at No.4.
Are you ready to slip into the diamond life?

On the 11th of May 2017, Seventeen Project Chapter.1 Alone Trailer #Vernon was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 12th of May 2017, another 3 Trailers were released for the Seventeen Project Chapter.1 Alone for #Jeonghan, #Mingyu and #DK.
 
Jeonghan
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Mingyu
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
DK
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 13th of May 2017, the next 2 Seventeen Project Chapter.1 Alone Trailers were released for #Woozi and #Jun.
Woozi
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Jun
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 14th of May 2017, the next 3 Seventeen Project Chapter.1 Trailers were released for #Dino, #Wonwoo and #Hoshi.
Dino
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Wonwoo
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Hoshi
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 15th of May 2017, another 3 Seventeen Project Chapter.1 Alone Trailers were released, this time for #Seungkwan, #The8 and #Joshua.
Seungkwan
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
The8
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Joshua
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Lastly on the 16th of May 2017, the final Seventeen Project Chapter.1 Alone Trailer was released for #SCoups.
S.Coups
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 18th of May 2017, the 4th Mini Album 'Al1' Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 20th of May 2017, the 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) Special Spot aka M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 22nd of May 2017, the M/V for 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) was released as well as the physical and digital release of their 4th mini album Al1. The digital release contains 6 tracks while the physical release has an extra 2 tracks.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 22nd of May 2017, the 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) Performance Ver. was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 8th of June 2017, the [Choreography Video] 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) Front Ver. and Rearview Ver. was released.
Front Ver.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Rearview Ver.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 7th of July 2017, [Special Video] 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) Part Switch Ver. was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 2nd of August 2017, [Choreography Video] Crazy In Love was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 4th of September 2017, two videos were released, [Special Video] Jun & The8 'My I' CHN & KOR Ver.
Chinese Ver.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
Korean Ver.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

Promotions for 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) and Al1 began on the 26th of May 2017 on Show! Music Core, during promotions 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) won a total of 6 music show trophies, with 2 wins on The Show, 2 wins on Show Champion, 1 win on M Countdown and 1 win on Music Bank.

As always the Seventeen members are heavily involved in the creation of their mini album, Woozi wrote and co-composed 입버릇 (Habit).
S.Coups, Mingyu & Vernon wrote the lyrics for If I.
The8 and Jun wrote the lyrics for My I with Woozi co-composing the track.
Woozi, S.Coups, Hoshi and Jeonghan wrote the lyrics fr title track 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry) with Woozi Co-composing.
Woozi, Vernon and Dino co-wrote Swimming Fool with Woozi co-composing on the track.
Woozi, S.Coups, Mingyu and Vernon co-wrote Crazy In Love with Woozi co-composing.
Hoshi and Dino wrote Who, with Woozi co-composing.
S.Coups, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Vernon co-wrote Check-in.

Al1 peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.3 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.1 on Five-Music Albums Chart, No.26 on the Billboard Independent Albums Chart, No.10 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.2 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
335,657+
Oricon Sales:
67,347+
Billboard Sales:
2,000+
Giving a total of 405,004+ copies of Al1 sold so far.
*YouTube views correct at the time of posting*
The M/V for (Don't Wanna Cry) has so far gained 68,734,556 million views through their official YouTube channel SEVENTEEN, while through YouTube channel 1theK (원더케이) the M/V has gained 6,185,010 million views, giving the M/V a total of 74,919,566 million views, with the views continuing to increase each day.

Al1 was released in 3 versions; Alone 01, Al1 3 and All 13, All 3 versions are set out a like a hardback book style case (I would class it as a softback as the cover is squishy), with all 3 versions having a different coloured case as well as different dust jacket covers. 
The photobooks for all 3 versions are completely different, all the versions come with a random member Cd, sticker sheet (white Alone 01, silver Al1 3 and gold All 13), a random member postcard and a random member photocard. If all the photocards are collected from all versions when reversed the create a group picture.

Track List:
울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry)
입버릇 (Habit) - Vocal Team
If I - Hip-Hop Team
Swimming Fool - Performance Team
My I - Jun & The8
Crazy In Love
Who - Performance Team (Cd Only)
Check-In - Hip-Hop Team (Cd Only)

















































As you know I only got into Seventeen during their 아주 NICE (Very Nice) era which is nearly 2 years ago but I never really got into the fandom or followed what they were doing till I heard 울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry), like with 아주 NICE (Very Nice) I decided to buy the album it's from and I was blown away, I constantly had it on repeat, even now I sit and have it on repeat. This is the album that made me sit back and decide that I was officially slipping into the diamond life and became a Carat. Each track is so different but at the same time has that Seventeen sound, while I love all the tracks my favourite has to be My I and I'm rather happy that the China line got to have the time to shine on their own. One of the things I love when watching Seventeen is watching their choreography, I'm always blown away by how all 13 of them are so in sync in every move. 
I have the Al1 3 version of the album and I love all the pictures showcasing the units of the group, the vocal team are seen having fun and lounging around the home, while the performance team are having fun hanging out at the beach and (possibly) skate park and the hip-hop team are see driving round and experiencing what's to be seen on the streets. I have to say my favourite section has to be with the performance team they look like they had so much fun shooting the pictures.
Check out the tracks below.

울고 싶지 않아 (Don't Wanna Cry)

입버릇 (Habit)

If I

Swimming Fool

My I
SEVENTEEN

Crazy In Love

Who

Check-In

Since this comeback I've counted down to their comebacks, so far as a Carat I've had 2 comebacks and they've blown me away as I expected they would.

What era did you become a Carat?
What Version of Al1 did you get?
Whats your favourite track from Al1?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment