Monday 26 February 2018

DAY6 - The Day

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back with another DAY6 post and we're heading back to their debut in 2015 and their debut mini album The Day.

Back in 2014 JYP Entertainment announced the debut of a 5 member group called 5Live, the group was composed of Sungjin, Jae, Young K, Wonpil and Junhyeok. 5Live began promotions, appearing on the 4th episode of Mnet's reality-survival show - Who Is Next: Win, they also released a song titled "lovely Girl" for original soundtrack of the 2013 TV series Bel Ami. Mid 2015 Dowoon was added to the group and the group was renamed DAY6.

1st of September 2015, an M/V teaser was released for their debut single "Congratulations".
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of September 2015, their debut M/V "Congratulations" was released, along with the physical and digital release of their debut mini album The Day.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

DAY6 as a group wrote 이상하게 계속 이래 (Out of My Mind) and Congratulations, as well as co-composing on the tracks. They also co-wrote and co-composed Free하게 (Freely), 버릇이 됐어 (Habits), 태양처럼 (Like That Sun) and Colors, as well as taking part in the arrangement for 버릇이 됐어 (Habits).

The Day peaked at No.6 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.19 on the Five-Music (Taiwan) Albums Chart and No.2 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
The Day also peaked at No.12 on the Gaon Monthly Albums Chart for the month of September.
Gaon Sales:
12,380+
The M/V for Congratulations has so far gained 16,784,699 million views, with views increasing daily as DAY6 gain more fans.

The Day is set out in a card slipcase and comes with photobook, fold-out lyric sheet, clear member cards and jewel Cd case. The pictures are all set up outside and introduce each of the members as well as introducing them as a group.

Track List:
Free하게 (Freely)
이상하게 계속 이래 (Out of My Mind)
Congratulations
버릇이 됐어 (Habits)
태양처럼 (Like That Sun)
Colors




 

 






 




I was introduced to 5 of these songs through their 2nd full length album Moonrise, after they had re-recorded the tracks to only contain the remaining 5 members after Junhyeok's departure. I purposely didn't put those songs on that post as DAY6 debuted with 6 members and those tracks contain Junhyeok's vocals. I absolutely love this album and if I had found DAY6 on their debut I would have found this album sooner. While all the tracks are amazing I really love Colors and Free하게 (Freely), there is such a contrast between them and Colors really highlights their vocals. I honestly don't think I'm doing a good job to big up this album so I'm going to let DAY6 themselves show you how amazing this album is.
Listen to the tracks now below.


이상하게 계속 이래 (Out of My Mind)
day6 lyrics

태양처럼 (Like That Sun)

버릇이 됐어 (Habits)

Free하게 (Freely)

Colors

Congratulations

I'm sad that I will have a bit of a wait now for DAY6 to make a comeback but in the mean time I do have Jae making me laugh through his Twitter account and for all the Junhyeok fans out there it looks like he's making his debut as a solo artist and I hope he continues to write and compose his own music and I wish him all the luck and success in his solo and future endeavours and I'm sure the rest of the DAY6 members will also hope he succeeds in his career. 

Do you have a favourite track from The Day?
Have you been a My Day since day 1?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment