Saturday 20 January 2018

Korean Drama - Dream High 2

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
I'm back with another Korean drama and this time I'm back with Dream High 2.


Google Images
Dream High 2 is a South Korean television drama series that was written by Heo Sung-hye from episodes 1-6 and Jang Eun-mi from episodes 7-16, the series was directed by Lee Eung-bok and Mo Wan-il.
Dream High 2 was broadcast by KBS and aired from the 30th of January 2012 until the 20th of March 2012, running for a total of 16 episodes, the series is a sequel to Dream High with Dream High 2 following a new set of characters and their own new adventure.

Main Cast:

Kang So-Ra as Shin Hae-Sung
Google Images
Jinwoon as Jin Yoo-jin
Google Images
Jiyeon as Rian/Lee Ji-kyung
Google Images
JB as JB/Jang Woo-jae
Google Images
Park Seo-joon as Lee Siwoo
Google Images
Hyolyn as Na Na/Kim Jae-hee
Google Images
Supporting Cast:

Jinyoung as Jung Ui-bong
Google Images
Yoo So-young as Park Soon-dong
Google Images
Kim Jisoo as Park Jong-joo
Google Images
Jung Yeon-joo as Lee Seul
Google Images
Ailee as Ailee
Google Images

Dream High 2 was less successful than it's prequel with it only averaging single digit audience ratings.
Dream High 2 follows a group of students at Kirin High School of Arts who pursue their dreams of becoming K-pop idols.


Google Images
Like other drama's I've watched I really enjoyed the shows soundtrack, here are a few of my favourites.


Yenny - Hello To Myself

Superstar
Dream High Two


B급 인생 (We Are The B)
love jaen channel tube


New Dreaming
subbercharming Finhojun

After going into financial bankruptcy, Kirin High School is taken over by Oz Entertainment. The company then transfers it's own young trainees to circumvent a law requiring underage entertainers to study for a set amount of time. Competition brews between the troubled students at Kirin High and the newly transferred Oz Entertainments trainees. Although Shin Hae-sung enters Kirin High School with a high exam score, she has no talent in singing, she meets and befriends fellow students Jin Yoo-jin and JB. 
Yoo-jin, who originally got into the entertainment industry as a child actor, is now troubled by his dreams of becoming a rock star as he tries to cope with the pain of his parents divorce. 
JB, a member of the famous group l:dn (Eden), develops feelings for Hae-sung.
Rian, a member of the famous girl group HershE, chases after JB, who was once her boyfriend. Meanwhile, Yoo-jin, who likes Hae-sung, tries to keep both JB and Hae-sung apart with Rian. All of the students have a reunion performance on stage for Kirin High Schools 17 years anniversary.


Google Images
I did enjoy this drama, as you know I'm a fan of GOT7 so I wanted to check out JB and Jinyoung in their acting debut and even though I read many comments saying that they thought JB was a bad actor, I think he did rather well. My reasoning for thinking he was great in his role and great with his acting was because he made me dislike his character, would you really want to like a person or character that thinks he's bigger and better than anyone else. It's good to boost yours and others ego's but don't boost your ego to make yourself look better than someone else or to put someone else down. I think the whole moral of the story with Dream High 2 is showing that talent comes in all shapes, sizes and forms.
I think Dream High 2 is all about each characters progression, showing them overcome their own personal struggles as well as seeing how they change their views and outlook on their own lives from the people they meet and get to know. Even though I found the series a little predictable with some of the characters I did really enjoy it, for me I know I've really enjoyed a series when it comes to an end and I'm crying and clapping because it's been amazing. I think each actor did amazing as their character and what they wanted to show definitely happened.


Google Images
I still haven't watched Dream High but it is on my long list of drama's that I've looked into and want to watch and want to eventually share with you. Some of them I'm waiting on them becoming available for me to watch in the UK.

Were you a fan of Dream High 2?
What did you think to JJ Projects acting debut?
Do you have any K-Drama recommendations for me?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment