Monday 22 January 2018

DAY6 - Moonrise

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Back in August last year (2017) I introduced you to DAY6 and their firs full length album Sunrise and if you checked out my Top 10 K-pop Albums of 2017, you will have noticed that album was also my No.1 album for 2017.
Today I'm sharing with you their 2nd fill length album Moonrise which is their final album to be released in 2017 and the conclusion to their year long project Every Day6.

On the 4th of July 2017, the M/V teaser for Hi Hello was released.
On the 6th of July 2017, the Hi Hello M/V was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 5th of August 2017, the M/V teaser for 좋은걸 뭐 어떡해 (What Can I Do) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of August 2017, the M/V for 좋은걸 뭐 어떡해 (What Can I Do) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 4th of September 2017, the M/V teaser for I Loved You was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of September 2017, the M/V for I Loved You was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 27th of September 2017, the M/V teaser for 그렇더라고요 (When You Love Someone) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 29th of September 2017, the M/V for 그렇더라고요 (When You Love Someone) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 4th of November 2017, the M/V teaser for 혼자야 (All Alone) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of November 2017, the M/V for 혼자야 (All Alone) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 20th of November 2017, "Moonrise" Coming Soon teaser video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 2nd of December 2017, the 좋아합니다 (I Like You) Instrumental teaser was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 3rd of December 2017, the 좋아합니다 (I Like You) M/V teaser was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of December 2017, the M/V for 좋아합니다 (I Like You) was released along the the digital and physical release of their 2nd full length album Moonrise ending their year long Every DAY6 project.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

During the 2nd half of their project DAY6 only promoted their final project song 좋아합니다 (I Like You) on music shows, but they did hold a concert every month for each release.

Young K wrote the lyrics for Better Better, 좋아합니다 (I Like You), 좋은걸 뭐 어떡해 (What Can I Do), 남겨둘게 (I'll Remember), 놀래! (Whatever!), Be Lazy, Hi Hello, I Loved You, 그렇더라고요 (When You Love Someone), 혼자야 (All Alone) and 쏟아진다 (Pouring). Members Jae, Sungjin and Wonpil helped co-compose several of the tracks with Young K.
Young K also co-wrote and co-compose track 누군가 필요해 (I Need Somebody).
Wonpil co-wrote and co-composed track 노력해볼게요 (I Will Try).
As a group DAY6 were credited for writing and composing the last 5 tracks, that are the final versions of their remainder songs from their debut mini album The Day.

Moonrise peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.4 on the Five-Music (Taiwan) Albums Chart and No.8 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
39,008+
*YouTube views were correct at the time of writing this post*
The M/V for Hi Hello has gained 3,684,704 million views.
The M/V for 좋은걸 뭐 어떡해 (What Can I Do) has gained 4,098,271 million views.
The M/V for I Loved You has gained 5,340,577 million views.
The M/V for 그렇더라고요 (When You Love Someone) has gained 3,779,320 million views.
The M/V for 혼자야 (All Alone) has gained 1,838,939 million views.
The M/V for 좋아합니다 (I Like You) has gained 2,499,759 million views.
Giving DAY6 during their 2nd half of their project a whopping 21,241,570 million views, with the views for each M/V increasing each day.

Moonrise was released in 2 versions a Gold Moon version and a Silver Moon version, both versions come with 6 clear covers that connect together to form a picture, 2 random member photocards, 1 folding poster, photobook and Cd. Both albums are set out in a fold out card case, both photobooks are different as well as the design of the album covers and Cd's.

Track List:
Better Better
좋아합니다 (I Like You)
좋은걸 뭐 어떡해 (What Can I Do)
남겨둘게 (I'll Remember)
놀래! (Whatever!)
Be Lazy
Hi Hello
I Loved You
그렇더라고요 (When You Love Someone)
혼자야 (All Alone)
쏟아진다 (Pouring)
누군가 필요해 (I Need Somebody)
노력해볼게요 (I Will Try)
Colors (Final Ver.)
태양처럼 (Like That Sun (Final Ver.))
이상하게 계속 이래 (Out Of My Mind (Final Ver.))
버릇이 됐어 (Habits (Final Ver.))
Free하게 (Freely (Final Ver.))

 





 

 




 



 


 



 












 




 

Sadly I couldn't get this album on it's initial release with it being the run-up to Christmas but I did order it as soon as I got paid in the new year and I'm glad I did, I will have owned this album for just 1 week when this post is published, that's how amazing I think this album is. I have the Silver Moon version of the album and will eventually get the Gold Moon version, mainly because I want to see if I have a Wonpil curse as so far in both my Sunrise and Moonrise albums I have Wonpil photocards. I have the same problem with Monsta X as I always seem to get Wonho photocards. I love the whole layout of the album, I love the pictures in the photobook and I love the clear covers showing the members sat on the moon. This album proved me to what I tell other people time and time again that you don't have to be able to speak and understand Korean to love the music, on my first listen of 노력해볼게요 (I Will Try) I was holding back tears because the song made me feel so emotional, I later looked up the lyrics for the song and found out that Wonpil had written this track for his mother, I felt I could relate to the lyrics to which opened the damn that I'd been holding back because of my grandad's passing back in December (a few days after JongHyun's passing), the song made it all finally sink it. Another song that really made an impression on me was 누군가 필요해 (I Need Somebody) which is now my ringtone (used to be 아 왜 (I Wait)), while I love the song as a whole Young K and Sungjin's vocals make the track for me, they're amazing vocalists but I don't think I've ever heard so much power in their vocals before. The album is full of amazing track after amazing track, I'm glad I held back and didn't listen to any of the B-sides to the title tracks as it made me fall in love with the album even more.
I will be sharing with you 9 of the 18 tracks but none of the 9 will be the final 5 tracks as when I eventually get their debut mini album, I will be sharing the tracks then as I feel if I share them now, it will be taking away that Junhyeok was apart of the group as well as part of their creation.
Check them out now.


놀래! (Whatever!)
aliensooo

좋은걸 뭐 어떡해 (What Can I Do)
My Sunshine

남겨둘게 (I'll Remember)
ddalgilyrics

쏟아진다 (Pouring)
Q-anos

Better Better

Be Lazy
telephanties


노력해볼게요 (I Will Try)

누군가 필요해 (I Need Somebody)

좋아합니다 (I Like You)

I'm not sure on when we'll next get a new release from DAY6 but I eagerly await their return.

What's your favourite title track from Moonrise?
What's your overall favourite track from Moonrise?
Do you prefer Sunrise or Moonrise?
Which track is your favourite from the Every DAY6 Project?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment