Friday 1 September 2017

Kawaii Box: August Edition!

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Google Images
You may have noticed that we are jumping months as my first subscription back with Kawaii Box is the August box, so shall we get stuck in and have a look inside?



A little sneaky look once the box was open.


First up we have a KANAHEI PLUSHIE, Kanahei is a popular Japanese illustrator of digital stickers and her character stickers are very popular with the LINE app. This plushie is called Usagi bunny, the name is really fitting as Usagi is a term in Japan used for bunny and anime fans would be familiar with this from the anime Sailor Moon, with the main character being called Usagi. The plushie is really soft and can be attached easily to your keys, bag and even jeans or jacket. I wouldn't personally use this to attach to any of my items but I would have it sat on my bed with the rest of my teddy collection.
£4.57


Next we have POMPOMPURIN PUDDING GUMMIES, these gummy sweets are shaped in Poppompurin's favourite treat - pudding, which is a Japanese custard pudding, it's a pudding that is known throughout the world. These gummy sweets are made to taste like like his favourite treat and while I've never tried this pudding, the gummies did taste sweet and like custard with a hint of caramel, this has definitely made me look into making this pudding for myself to give it a try. I wouldn't say I would personally buy these gummy sweets myself as I thought the texture was weird but I would still eat them if they were there or if someone had bought them for me.
£2.40


Next we have a KAWAII TOFU SQUISHY, these charms are in the shape of Tofu and are really cute and squishy, you can attach these cute guys to your keys, phone or bag and they also smell really nice too. There are 6 different styles all of which have different colours at the top. I'm thinking of attaching mine to mu keys to add a little Kawaii flavour to them.
£2.24


Next we have a SPARKLE RAINBOW SLINKY, I'm sure the older generation Kawaii Box subscribers like me will be well acquainted with the slinky, it's a toy that has survived through generations as a great way to keep yourself occupied and pass on some time. Skye now owns this slinky because as soon as I had removed it from the box she had grabbed it and started playing with it, so I think it's safe to say it's getting the use it deserves.
£1.16


Next we have a SWEET KISS CHERRY LIP GLOSS, I love these styles of lip gloss' that you roll onto your lips, I have another 2 that are Korean and in tubs shaped like animals with different flavours, so when I saw this I couldn't help smiling that I had a new one to add to my bag. I love the colour of it and it smells really nice, even though mine seemed to have had someone messing with it before it arriving to me, I still use it.
£1.31


Next we have a OUTSHINE THE SUN BOTTLE, these bottles come in 4 different colours: Pink, Blue, Green and Yellow, all 4 bottles have the same message saying Outshine The Sun with a picture of a sun smiling. I love this bottle and I will be using it for myself as I think you can never have too many water bottles.
£6.88


Next we have SUMIKKO GURASHI STICKERS, these stickers are really cute but I don't think they'd get much use from me so I'm going to pop them away for Skye to use as I know she'll like using them.
£1.93


Next we have a SANRIO PLUSH PENCIL BAG, there are different types of these pencil cases and the one I got was Hello Kitty and it had a strap. The strap can be used to attach the pencil case to your notebooks to keep them all together. I use mine to keep all of my Kawaii Box pens in, storing them till I require my next pen for note taking for my blog.
£4.79


Next we have a CUTE STAMP HIGHLIGHTER, these cute highlighter pens are stamps. There are 6 different pens with all 6 being a different colour as well as having different stamps; blue is a rain cloud, green is an apple, yellow is a star, red is lips, pink is a heart and purple is a flower. I got the blue cloud stamp pen and even though you need to apply a bit of pressure the colour and stamp are really pretty.
£1.47




Lastly we have a MILKY COLOUR INK PEN, there are 12 different coloured pens, each pen has a black and white cow pattern, with just the ink inside the pen being different. I have stored this pen in my hello kitty pencil case ready for when I'll be needing it.
£1.24


Value of August Kawaii Box: £27.99



Now let me get to the business side of the Kawaii Box subscription, remember whatever month you subscribe as long as it's before the shipment date you will get that months box. Each box comes with 10-12 Japanese and Korean kawaii items and no matter where in the month you subscribe you will get that months box shipped out to you so if you signed up on the 30th of November you would still get Novembers box as your first box. You get the choice of which subscription plan you would like, there's a 1 year plan which you pay $214.80 upfront and get a box free which works out around £175.11 and it ends after the 12 months, there's a 6 month plan which the site features as their most popular option which is $112.80 upfront which saves you $6 which works out as £91.96 saving £4.89 and this one also ends after the 6 months, there's a 3 month plan which is $59.40 upfront which they also advertise as the perfect gift idea which comes in at £48.42 which also ends after the 3 months and finally there is the 1 month plan which is the plan I am on which is $19.80 which is a re-occurring payment plan that you can cancel at anytime and works out at £16.14. All 4 plans come with free shipping and also an automatic entry into their kawaii megabox raffle valued over $100 (£81.52). If you're interested in subscribing or just even checking it out then click HERE to go to the site.

If you don't want to subscribe then check out the site BLIPPO where all the items featured in this post are available with many more kawaii items to choose from.

If you just want Japanese Candy they have a subscription box similar to the Kawaii box options you can check that out HERE.

Keep it Kawaii

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment