Monday 5 June 2017

Ravi - R.EAL1ZE

Hello
Annyeong
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


I've mentioned in past K-pop posts that VIXX are one of my favourite male groups and this year (2017) saw my main VIXX bias get an official solo debut, not only is Ravi an awesome rapper his singing vocals are pure honey that just melt the ears.

On December 26th 2016 Jellyfish Entertainment announced that Ravi would be making his official solo debut with his first mini album R.EAL1ZE, a few days later on the 29th of December a pre-listening audio snippet was released for track 나홀로 집에 (Home Alone) Featuring Jung YongHwa.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On January 2nd the 1st Mini Album [R.EAL1ZE] Pre-Listening Video was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On January 4th 나홀로 집에 (Home Alone) Featuring Jung YongHwa was released as a pre-release track for the mini album. On January 5th saw the release of the 1st M/V Teaser for title track Bomb Featuring San E.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
The next day on January 6th the 2nd M/V Teaser for Bomb was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On January 8th/9th the M/V for Bomb was released along with the digital and physical release of the mini album R.EAL1ZE.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
Scenes were edited out of the M/V when people stated that Ravi was objectifying women in the original release of the M/V, so Jellyfish edited out those scenes and re-uploaded the M/V, Ravi also issued a statement apologising for the scenes and that it was not his intent to be seen as objectifying women, when looking at comments though it was not the original M/V that caused offence it was the lyrics at that section of the M/V. Before both the M/V and mini album was released Ravi held a solo concert from the 6th-8th of January at the Yes24 Muv Hall in Seoul's Mapo District to kick of promotions.
On the 30th of January Jellyfish released a Bomb Performance Practice Video.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment

Ravi was a producer and personally in charge of the creation of his mini album with him being in charge of composition, arrangement and writing of the lyrics for all 7 tracks on the mini album, 3 of those tracks were on his previous mixtape release.

R.EAL1ZE peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart as well as peaking at No.11 in Taiwan and No.8 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon sales:
22,839+
The Bomb M/V has 751,390 thousand views through VIXX' official YouTube channel RealVIXX and 1,819,245 million views through CJENMMUSIC Officials YouTube channel, giving the M/V a total of 2,570,635 million views, which has probably increased by the time this post has been published.

The mini album is set out in a fold out hardback style book case with the Cd being in the centre and two booklets on either side. The whole album layout follows the Bomb M/V as well as going down more of a music is art style of concept, you also have to turn round the case for each booklet as when looking at one of the the other is upside down, same with the track list on the back.

Track List
Bomb (Feat. San E)
Rose (Feat. Ken of VIXX)
Ladi Dadi (Feat. Microdot, Jero)
나홀로 집에 (Home Alone(Feat. Jung YongHwa))
아 몰라 일단 Do The Dance
Lean On Me
뇌비우스의 띠 (Mobius Strip(Feat. ESBEE))




















I have a signed copy of R.EAL1ZE, of course I'd get a signed copy, VIXX are one of my favourite male K-pop groups as well as Ravi being my Ultimate Bias of VIXX, even though Hyuk has stepped up his bias game with their recent comeback. I love that Ravi doesn't just rap on this album which you would expect from a rapper, I love when he sings, his singing voice is basically honey that melts the senses, you'd be surprised how many rappers have really good singing voices, two of which I've witnessed with Seventeen's recent comeback with Vernon & S.Coups. Ravi really did a good job with his first mini album which with the amount of amazing tracks Ravi has behind him with VIXX it's not surprising. I know I say this pretty much for every album but each track is different from the last. I also love that they're tracks  we wouldn't necessarily hear VIXX do, showcasing more of Ravi's individual tastes, I also love that Ravi included Ken on his first solo release, a lot of Starlight's love watching Ken and Ravi interact with one another and it does seem that in the group Ravi & Ken are really close, don't get me wrong they all look at each other as really close friends and brothers but from what I've seen Ravi & Ken are closer to one another as is Hongbin & Hyuk and N and Leo, maybe it's an age thing. I may not be 100% in love with Ravi's styling for the album & M/V but when he's got his abs out. I'm not going to complain.
Check out the tracks below.

Ladi Dadi (Feat. Microdot, Jero)
By kaiuos

아 몰라 일단 Do The Dance

뇌비우스의 띠 (Mobius Strip(Feat. ESBEE))

나홀로 집에 (Home Alone(Feat. Jung YongHwa))
By kaiuos

Lean On Me

Rose (Feat. Ken of VIXX)
By kaiuos


Bomb

This album may not be to everyones musical tastes but when I got into K-pop never did I think I'd be like the songs that I do, a majority of my K-pop biases are rappers, I wasn't into Hip-Hop or heavy R&B when I was younger and now a majority of the groups I listen to are more Hip-Hop and R&B, I wasn't a fan of songs with rapping either, maybe it's just a K-pop thing and they know how to pull the listener in.

Whats your favourite track from R.EAL1ZE?
Let me know in the comments below

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment