Monday 12 June 2017

B.A.P - Carnival

Hello
Annyeong
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao



I'm back with another dose of something that's Best Absolute & Perfect, yep it's time again for B.A.P!
This is the album that I actually came to find and listen to other B.A.P songs, but it wasn't till the start of this year that I really started to follow them.

Carnival is B.A.P's 5th mini album, an album that the group was both nervous and excited for as it was a new sound for them and something they'd not put out before.
On the 15th of February 2016 an M/V trailer was released for their title track Feel So good.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 21st of February 2016 the M/V was released for Feel So Good, showing a brighter B.A.P.
Owned by TS Entertainment
B.A.P's 5th mini album Carnival was released digitally and physically on the 22nd of February 2016.
On the 1st of March 2016 YouTube channel 1theK released a video titled Lets Dance: B.A.P Feel So Good, which showed the B.A.P members competing with one another to teach viewers 3 of their key moves in the choreography.
Owned by 1theK
On the 11th of April 2016, TS Entertainment released the Feel So Good Dance Practice video.
Owned by TS Entertainment

Like all B.A.P albums Leader Bang Yongguk was heavily involved, he co-wrote 5 of the 6 tracks on the mini album, and also co-composing on 4 of those 5 tracks.
Zelo also is credited on the album as he co-wrote track Albatross with Yongguk.
Feel So Good earned B.A.P 1 music show trophy on the programme The Show.
Carnival peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.48 on the Oricon Albums Chart, 2016 also saw B.A.P win the award for Best Korean Act, beating GOT7, VIXX, GFriend and Twice, GOT7 then won the Best Worldwide Act for Korea.
Gaon Sales:
62,653+
Oricon Sales:
1,891+
Selling a total of 64,653+ copies.
Feel So Good M/V has 4,088,258 million views through their official YouTube channel the Feel So Good M/V also has 3,480,714 million views through 1theK's official YouTube channel also giving the M/V a total of 7,568,972 million views, with the views continuing to grow.

Carnival was released in 2 versions, a normal edition and a special edition, both versions are different with the special edition being a large hardback book style case and the normal edition being a regular sized hardback book style case. The booklets for both versions are slightly different, with the special edition also coming with a random member standee and a group photo/postcard. Even the case artwork for both albums are different but still showing the members as their Matoki's on both versions. B.A.P are known for being dark in their concepts and in both versions of Carnival the layout is bright and shows the members having fun.

Track List:
Today
Carnival
Feel So Good
Go
Albatross
My Girl




















































I have both the Normal and Special editions of the album and screamed too loudly and scared Skye when I opened my special edition version as I got my bias Bang Yongguk as the member standee card. Feel So Good was the first song I listened to of B.A.P's, which lead me to downloading, Young, Wild & Free and Hurricane, I saw that they were going to London on their tour and I really debated with myself whether to get tickets and go see them, I eventually decided against going because I didn't really listen to them and I didn't own any of their albums, that is a decision since the start of this year that has haunted me. I knew that I'd end up being a fan of them and was gutted when they headed out back on tour again this year and didn't stop at London on the Europe leg of their tour. Carnival is such an amazing album and it basically does what the album says, it's a party from start to finish, it's very rare for me that groups create an album from start to finish that is just pure masterpiece and that's what Carnival is. Each song is bright and upbeat and a reminder that B.A.P aren't all about doom and gloom, they just send and touch on messages that other idols are too afraid to bring up. Even though the album is all bright and upbeat, each track sounds totally different, Yongguk did B.A.P proud again with this masterpiece. I love the whole layout of the album, including the styling, it really looks like B.A.P had fun while making this album, with the messages they tend to send and the songs they tend make it can be difficult to remember that they are still quite young and with this album their youth shines through.
Check out the tracks below.

Today

Go

My Girl

Albatross

Carnival

Feel So Good

KBS WORLD TV
Carnival is one of my favourite albums from B.A.P and I hold Feel So Good rather close to me as it's the song that introduced be to B.A.P, I may have been a late bloomer in the fact it wasn't till I heard a snippet of Skydive that I really got into them, but I would really recommend Carnival to anyone that is new to B.A.P if you want an album that's just full of party anthems.

What's your favourite track from Carnival?
Did you like seeing B.A.P with a brighter concept?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara 
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment