Friday 17 March 2017

Fangirl Monthly: March Box

Hello
Annyeong
Konichiwa
Ni Hao

Google Images
Were my predictions right for the Sword Art Online March box from Fangirl Monthly? I wouldn't say I am a die hard fan of SAO but I do enjoy the anime even though there are certain characters that I just deal with because they are popular if you've seen my past posts on the anime you'll know who I am talking about, if not then go and check out my posts for Aincrad & Fairy Dance and also for Phantom Bullet, Calibur & Mothers Rosario. Shall we get checking out what we got in our Sword Art Online box?




First up we have an EXCLUSIVE ASUNA YUUKI POSTCARD PRINT, that again the artwork is done by Mayu Matsumoto. To say that Asuna isn't the character I enjoy, the artwork is breathtaking and absolutely stunning. I think it's one of my favourite prints we've received.


Next we have our Fangirl Monthly CUSTOM ASUNA'S & KIRITO'S SWORDS JEWELRY POUCH. I really like that each month the jewelry comes in a customised pouch that is based upon that months anime. So far I've never been left disappointed with the pouches as you can tell a lot of time and effort goes into creating them.


Next we have YUI'S HEART GLASS PENDANT COSPLAY NECKLACE, Yui is basically an AI who is found by Kirito and Asuna on their travels, having lost her memory she becomes attached to both Kirito and Asuna and begins referring to them as her mum and dad. She was created to help the players with their mental state while playing the game but was prevented from doing so when the real purpose of the game was revealed. Yui sacrifices herself for Kirito and Asuna when she remembers why she was created and a pendant that is seen to be worn by Asuna & Kirito. The necklace is a really nice fit and I like that it's not a normal chain.


Next we have a CUSTOM KETSUMEI KISHIDAN PIN, this pin is made by GeekMePretty and translates as Knights of the Blood Oath which is the guild Asuna is a part of and is classed as the lead and most powerful guild in Aincrad. I love this pin it's really pretty, I've not pinned it to any of my jackets yet but I assure you it will be at some point, it's too pretty to keep packaged up and hidden away.


Next we have a SWORD CHARMS NECKLACE, my prediction was indeed correct and we have Kirito's swords on a necklace, I would have been surprised if we didn't get anything to do with Kirito's swords. The necklace is your usual chain and it fits really nice, I think it would have been better if both sides of the swords were matching in colour as the middle one especially turns around while being worn.


Our last item is a SWORD ART ONLINE INSPIRED BRONZE POCKET WATCH, and I have to say I think this is my favourite item from our March box. I know I won't really use it but it's a nice item to have as a collectible. The design of it for me gives of a steam punk feel and looks a bit vintage, I love how it's designed and set, even the clock face itself looks vintage.


It's now time to get into all the business side of the Fangirl Monthly subscription box, whatever month you subscribe, as long as it's before the deadline you will get that months box, if it's after the deadline you will receive the next months box. Each box comes with 3-5 anime and manga inspired jewelry, accessories and goodies from a selected series each month. You get the choice of what term of what subscription plan you would like, there's a 6 month plan which is $102/£83.69 and renews every 6 months until you cancel, there is a 3 month plan which is $52.50/£43.08 and renews every 3 months until you cancel, and finally there is a monthly plan which is the plan I am on, which is $18/£14.77 and renews every month until you cancel. You are able to skip any of the months boxes if you need to for any reason. These boxes do not include shipping and each shipping price varies for where they are shipping to, I pay £24.81 a month which is including shipping. If you are interested in subscribing or fancy checking them out then you can head over to the Fangirl Monthly website.

I really liked this box especially the pin and pocket watch, I may not follow Sword Art Online as much as I do Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail and Naruto but it is an anime that I really enjoy and I keep checking news on when we'll be getting a 3rd season. Like for this box I'm really curious at what items we will be getting in our April box as it's from a series that I got into via it's manga and then got into the anime, surely there will be a pin or something that associates with a certain mask.
April box is Tokyo Ghoul.

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment