Monday 26 September 2016

GOT7: MAD

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


Well this is my last GOT7 post for a few weeks, I'm excited that they make their comeback in a couple of days with their second full length album, I won't be sharing my thoughts on that album though till November so it gives me chance to really enjoy each track. Next week I'll be going back to some posts that I never got round to posting one of which I postponed due to a controversial scandal with Girl's Generation's Tiffany, well shall we get started.

WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS THE TRACK THAT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH GOT7, PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND EXPECT TO BE DRAWN IN!

Mad is the 4th mini album from GOT7 and was their 2nd release of 2015. Like A, each member got an individual teaser starting from leader JB, then going from oldest to youngest, the teasers revealed the title track to be called If You Do, 2 teasers were released a day with the 3 final teasers being released together.
On the 20th of September JB and Mark's teasers were released.
JB teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Mark teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 21st of September Jackson and Jinyoung's(then Junior) teasers were released.
Jackson teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Jinyoung(Junior) teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 22nd of September, Youngjae. BamBam and Yugyeom's teasers were released.
Youngjae teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment
BamBam teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Yugyeom teaser
Owned by JYP Entertainment 
The MV teaser for if you do was released 24th of September.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
The next day on the 25th the album spoiler was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
The If You Do MV was released the 28th September.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Their 4th mini album Mad was released the 30th of September, with the group releasing a greetings video to their fans on the 1st of October.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

A couple of months later JYP released a brand new GOT7 teaser on 18th of November, revealing GOT7 were returning again with a festive sounding track called Confession Song.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
The MV teaser for Confession Song was released the 20th November.

Owned by JYP Entertainment
The MV was released the 22nd of November, I personally cried watching this MV, it was something I'd never seen done in K-pop before and I thought it was stunning thing for GOT7 to do.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Their repackaged album Mad Winter Edition was released on the 23rd of November. If You Do finally gave GOT7 the music show success they had been deserving winning 3 music show awards, all on the programme The Show. 
The repackaged album contained 3 extra tracks to the Mad track list, which again saw some members contribute to with Mark & Jackson writing the raps for both Feels Good and Good, Jackson wrote the rap for Tic Tic Tok and co wrote the rap for Confession Song. JB credited as Defsoul co wrote and composed track Everyday with Jinyoung(Junior) also making his first appearance in a tracks credits for writing the lyrics for To Star.

If You Do peaked at No.9 on the Gaon Singles Chart with Confession Song peaking at No.34.
Mad peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Weekly Albums Chart and at No.5 on the Monthly Albums Chart.
Mad Gaon Physical Sales:
2015 - 91,119
2016 - 7,176+
Total: 98,295+
Mad Winter Edition Gaon Physical Sales:
2015 - 24,119
2016 - 2,300+
Total: 26,419+
Both albums to date have sold a total of 124,714 copies and I'm sure will continue to grow as they find more fans.

Both of the albums were released in 2 versions, Mad being released in a horizontal and vertical version and Mad Winter Edition being released in a Happy and Merry version. Both the Mad horizontal and vertical versions were set out as book style cases with a hard slipcase like their Just Right  mini album. The pictures differ in both version for the booklets but contain the same track list, I love the pictures for the Mad album as I love the styling for If You Do, I have the vertical version but I am wanting to get the horizontal version also.
Mad Winter Edition was set more like a present with it being in a box case, the only difference for the Happy and Merry versions were they were different colours, the happy version is red while the merry version is green. Both versions contain bundle of extras: postcard style pictures, lyrics, 2 desktop calendars, 4 sheets of GOT7 stickers and a diary that contains GOT7's anniversary, members birthdays, empty pages to write in and member thank yous. There's also some Korean written into the diary so I'm guessing they are Korean holidays. I have the merry version as for me green is more of a Christmas colour, plus I preferred how the front of the box looked.

Track List:
니가 하면(If You Do)
손들어(Put your Hands Up)
느낌이 좋아(Feels Good)
Good
눈이가요(Eyes On You)
Tic Tic Tok


















Track List:
고백송(Confession Song)
매일(Everyday)
이.별(To. Star)
니가 하면(If You Do)
손들어(Put your Hands Up)
느낌이 좋아(Feels Good)
Good
눈이가요(Eyes On You)
Tic Tic Tok
니가 하면(If You Do) (stage ver.)














Mad was the first album I bought from GOT7's releases because I couldn't stop listening to If You Do and it's still my favourite release from GOT7, originally I wasn't going to buy a physical copy of the Mad Winter Edition at first I just bought it off Itunes for my Ipod, but after seeing an unboxing video I decided to buy a physical copy and I am now in the process of buying the other versions to their albums, including the Mad horizontal version. I often get eye rolls from people once they know I have 2 copies of the exact same album but I like to look at the different pictures in the different versions, plus I love seeing who I will get on the photo card, my first ever GOT7 photo card was none other than our leader JB, which I was really happy with as he's one of my 3 favourite members (Mark is my ultimate bias for GOT7 but I also love JB and Jinyoung) and I freaking LOVE JB's styling for If You Do(minus the chin IGOT7 will know what I mean). As with both versions there are 9 tracks I found it difficult to choose which tracks I wanted to share with you as all the tracks are really good but I decided on the tracks that members contributed to.

매일(Everyday)

이.별(To. Star)

느낌이 좋아(Feels Good)

Tic Tic Tok
By yankat

고백송(Confession Song)
By KBSKpop

니가 하면(If You Do)

I hope I've created a few more fans with this post as these guys definitely deserve them and if you need more reasons to like these guys I'd suggest checking out Real GOT7, GOT2DAY and Yugyeom's Hit The Stage performance. Even though I'm feeling pretty ill today I'm looking forward to the fact that at 4pm UK time it's midnight on the 27th which means it's comeback day for GOT7 with their new track Hard Carry and their 2nd full length album Flight Log: Turbulence, a continuation from their recent mini album.
GOT7 HWAITING

What comeback did you get into GOT7?
What GOT7 era have you liked so far?
What's your favourite Mad track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment