Monday 5 September 2016

GFriend - Flower Bud

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao



If you've been following my blog for over the past year then you may remember me introducing a new girl group called GFriend, who for the past year I have been following and loved watching grow in the industry, so far the group has released 4 singles in the past year and if you read my first post on these girls you'll know I ended it with a coming soon for their 2nd mini album, if you haven't checked out my previous GFriend post then go check it out.
Sadly this post has taken me just over a year to create mainly because I got into other K-pop groups as well as not getting round to buying the mini album but let's not keep it any longer.

Flower Bud is the 2nd mini album from the 6-member girl group GFriend, on July 13th 2015 Source Music announced that GFriend would be having a comeback with a brand new mini album, just 2 days later on July 15th the Flower Bud Comeback Trailer was released.
Owned by Source Music

On the 20th of July another teaser was released but this time for the title track Me Gustas Tu.
Owned by Source Music

The next day on July 21st a highlight medley was released for the mini album.
Owned by Source Music

July 22nd saw the release of the Me Gustas Tu music video, just in case your wondering Me Gustas Tu is Spanish for I like you.
Owned by Source Entertainment
여자친구 GFRIEND OFFICIAL
Flower Bud was released digitally on July 23rd and was then released physically a few days later on July 27th.

Their pure image was complimented by a powerful dance choreography which is rare for a girl group with an innocent concept to do, the choreography itself took 3 months to learn and perfect with the most notable move involving Yerin vaulting over Umji as Yuju slides underneath while doing the splits.
Promotions started on July 23rd and ended on September 6th, September 5th saw the groups popularity rise as a YouTube video of their performance at the SBS Radio Event went viral. The performance shows the girls dancing on a wet and slippery stage caused by the rain, causing Yuju to slip and fall a total of 8 times, with SinB falling once and the other girls to slip now and again. No matter how many times I see this performance or even just clips from this performance I can't help but cringe and hold my breath. Thankfully the most damage caused from the performance was that Yuju got a few bruises. The girls got nothing but praise for this performance while many also questioned health and safety for K-pop idols with things like this.

On January this year(2016) Me Gustas Tu was one of the songs that South Korea broadcast via loudspeaker across the Korean Demilitarized Zone as part of South Korea's anti-Pyongyang propaganda programme: Voice of Freedom, in response to North Korea's nuclear bomb test, another of the tracks that was played was track Bang Bang Bang by popular male group Big Bang which I found amusing.

Flower Bud peaked at no.6 on the Gaon Weekly Albums Chart, and was the 18th best selling album for the month of July selling 4,011 physical copies. Me Gustas Tu entered the Gaon Digital Chart at no.27 and rose to no.15 the following week, Me Gustas Tu peaked at no.8 following their falling performance went viral. On the 2nd week in February 2016 after the release of their 3rd mini album Me Gustas Tu rose up the charts yet again peaking at no.12, as of may 2016 Me Gustas Tu has sold 1.6 million digital downloads(I could be wrong on this as it may be for their mini album).
Gaon Physical Sales(2015-2016): 18,355+

Flower Bud is set out in a hardback book style case, with the CD at the back in an envelope, the album throughout is bright and colourful, with all the pictures standing out beautifully showcasing the girls as a group and individually. The scenery used for the pictures is beautiful and breathtaking, even the colour used for the lettering is really pretty.

Track List:
INTRO(Flower Bud)
오늘부터 우리는(Me Gustas Tu)
하늘 아래서(Under The Sky)
ONE
기억해(My Buddy)
Me Gustas Tu(Inst.)








































With each release I can see Gfriend growing as a group and I'm proud to say as a Buddy that with each album they get better and stronger, I love that Gfriend are consistent and they are one of the few groups that I listen to that I've loved every track on an album they release. They may only have 4 actual songs on this album but I love that they always have an instrumental into as the first track, I think it really sets the mood for the album and concept.

INTRO(Flower Bud)

하늘 아래서(Under The Sky)

ONE
By Jenirus

기억해(My Buddy)
By Jenirus

오늘부터 우리는(Me Gustas Tu)
By MBCkpop

The next time I post about GFriend will be when their real success began and I;m not ashamed to say I cried I was that proud of them. I seem to be into more male K-pop groups than I am girl K-pop groups and I;m glad I found these when I did otherwise I would have missed the amazing things that have happened for them so far. I personally feel that my favourite group Girls Generation will go on hiatus (or even disband hopefully not) in the next couple of years and I'm happy to say that GFriend will be the group I continue to watch and follow if and when they do. The only way for Gfriend to keep going is up and I can't wait to see if the girls branch out and start writing and composing their own songs.

Are you a GFriend fan?
When did you get into the group?
What's your favourite track from Flower Bud?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment