Thursday 31 March 2016

Kawaii Box: February Edition

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

Google Images

It's a little late in the month for me to post this but it has been delayed a few times so without waiting much longer lets get right to it.

February's box was a lot longer and thinner than the usual box we get and sadly it seems mine had been through the ringer before it got to me as it was slightly damaged.

The usual tissue paper was found inside.

Along with the Kawaii Box Thank You/info card.

First item in the box was the DIY Bead Bracelet Set, this product is Korean and even though I personally won't use it my daughter soon as she saw it had it open and started making items.
Retail Price: Was £2.23 Now £1.56

Next up we have the Moomin Plushie, I grew up watching the Moomin's and I love that to this day that they are still around, they may not be on the TV anymore but they are still popular enough to be found either as plush toys or on stationary items etc. My face lit up when I saw this little cutie and is staying with my Kawaii Box items that I keep for me.
Retail Price: Was £1.95 Now £1.36

Next up we have the Bourbon Petit Green Tea Flavoured Cookies, these had to be by far my favourite item from this box, I mean what's not to like? I love chocolate chip cookies and I love green tea so how could I not love them together. They were that good that I'd eaten them all without realising, I will definitely be getting my hands on these again.
Retail Price: Was £2.43 Now £1.70

Next we have the Cute Bunny Paperclips, these are the cutest paperclips I think I've ever seen and I can see myself using them at some point in the future, that's if Skye doesn't start using them before me.
Retail Price: Was £0.83 Now £0.58

Next up we have the Taiyaki Crepe Charm, on the site it says it's a waffle not a crepe, I was really confused when I got this out as I didn't understand why there was ice cream topped in a fish but Taiyaki is a fish-shaped waffle, which you can enjoy wandering around the streets of Japan. It says that the strap is removable so you are able to place it anywhere you'd wish to like your phone, bag or games console. It has a bit of a rubbery smell so it's been placed away till I decide whether to keep it for myself or to give it to Skye.
Retail Price: Was £1.32 Now £0.92

Next we have the Lucky Baby Sheep Pen, this pen has been added to my Kawaii Box pen collection because you can never have too many pens. It's really cute and comes in a choice of 4 colours, we were sent a pen at random with a different sheep head for each lid, mine has a blue base and a white sheep head which looks like he's happy eating something.
Retail Price Was £1.11 Now £0.78

Next up we have a Korean DIY Magic Balloon Set, I personally don't see me using this and I don't think it's something Skye would play with but I am tempted to keep it as I think it would be a funny game after having a few drinks with my friends, I don't have high hopes for anything good being made from them but no harm in trying right.
Retail Price: £2.92

Next we have a Kawaii Mini Pouch, this is so cute that I'm thinking of using it for when I go away to Disneyland Paris in August for all our loose change, it even looks handy for nights out when you only take a small bag, it's really colourful and has a cute little bunny with yummy ice creams and love hearts.
Retail Price: Was £0.83 Now £0.58

Next is the Korean DIY Cross Stitch Keychain, this one I want to have a go at, I remember growing up and learning how to cross stitch so I think this is a good way of reliving those memories, I may even sit with Skye and do it together like a little mother & daughter project. They come in a choice of 3 colours: Red, Pink & Yellow and we were sent a colour at random.
Retail Price: Was £2.02 Now £1.41

Next we have the Funny Forest Pop-Up Card, these come in 8 styles with different pop-up images and we were sent one of the 8 at random, I'm rather happy with the one I got as I love cats and what's not to love about a cat with cake. I have no idea what I will do with it but it's too cute to hand it over to someone else.
Retail Price: Was £0.83 Now £0.58

Last up we have a Neko Sticker Sheet, this is the closest I could find for the sticker sheet I got, mine is like a cat boutique sticker sheet, I love the colours on this sticker sheet. I'm torn whether to let Skye have it or to keep it for myself as they're cats and super cute, I just wouldn't use them.
Retail Price: Was £1.74 Now £1.22


Now let me get to the business side of the Kawaii Box subscription, remember whatever month you subscribe as long as it's before the shipment date you will get that months box. Each box comes with 10-12 Japanese and Korean kawaii items and no matter where in the month you subscribe you will get that months box shipped out to you so if you signed up on the 30th of November you would still get Novembers box as your first box. You get the choice of which subscription plan you would like, there's a 1 year plan which you pay $207.90 upfront and get a box free which works out around £136.58 and it ends after the 12 months, there's a 6 month plan which the site features as their most popular option which is $107.40 upfront which saves you $6 which works out as £70.56 saving £3.94 and this one also ends after the 6 months, there's a 3 month plan which is $56.70 upfront which they also advertise as the perfect gift idea which comes in at £37.25 which also ends after the 3 months and finally there is the 1 month plan which is the plan I am on which is $18.90 which is a re-occurring payment plan that you can cancel at anytime and works out at £12.42. All 4 plans come with free shipping and also an automatic entry into their kawaii megabox raffle valued over $100 (£65.71). If you're interested in subscribing or just even checking it out then click HERE to go to the site

If you don't want to subscribe then check out the site BLIPPO where all the items featured in this post are available with many more kawaii items to choose from.

If you just want Japanese Candy they have a subscription box similar to the Kawaii box options you can check that out HERE.

Even though I wasn't necessarily overwhelmed with February's box, Kawaii Box is still a box I look forward to receiving each month and lets face it, you can't always get the things you like in a blind subscription box.

Keep up the good work Kawaii Box

See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment