Tuesday 26 January 2016

Cooking: One-Pan Salmon & Veggie Dinner

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

Welcome to my first cooking post of 2016, I always find it difficult to try and find new recipe's to try out as I always end up cooking my usual dishes like Spag Bol and Chicken Korma's but over the past few months I've seen a lot of amazing food recipe video's appearing on my newsfeed on my Facebook and a lot of these video's are from a page called Tasty with each dish looking just as good as the last. I've been trying to eat a little more healthy as I've started up my Skinny Mint teatox again (Weigh in Wednesdays coming back soon) and the recipe I want to share with you today not only appealed to me because it seemed really healthy but also because as I watched the video my taste buds screamed to give it a try, the recipe I'm sharing with you is the ingredients that I used but I'll leave at the end to link to the full recipe.
Lets get cooking!

Ingredients:
2lb new potatoes
2tbsp olive oil
4tbsp lemon juice (I used fresh lemons)
2tbsp fresh thyme
2tbsp honey
2tsp chopped ginger
2 salmon fillets
salt & pepper to taste
1 bunch asparagus

Start by preheating the oven to 200C/400F and layer your baking tray with tin foil/aluminium foil.

I brushed on olive oil over the tin foil and then chopped my potatoes in half.

Next spread out the potatoes onto the tray and drizzle 1tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice, then season the potatoes with salt pepper and thyme over the potatoes.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flip the potatoes and then bake for another 10 minutes.

While the potatoes are in the oven make the glaze for the salmon.

In a bowl pop in 2tbsp lemon juice, 2tbsp honey, another 2tbsp lemon juice, 2tsp chopped ginger and 1tbsp thyme and then mix it all together and set aside till ready to use.
When the 10 minutes are up take the potatoes out of the oven and push to the back of the tray, place the salmon in the centre of the tray and season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Then brush on the glaze on both sides of the salmon.

The place the asparagus on the tray (I placed mine evenly at the sides of the salmon) and drizzle with 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp lemon juice, salt & pepper and thyme.
Place the tray back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.

Once out your ready to dish up and enjoy.

I really enjoyed this dish and have definitely added it to my recipe book to cook again, this was also my first time eating asparagus and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. If you wan't to follow the exact ingredient list and recipe then check out the post here.
Let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe.

See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment