Thursday 15 October 2015

Dream A Little Dream - Book Review

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao



I make it no secret that I'm a big fan of Giovanna Fletcher, so far I have all her books and each one has been better than the previous, but today I want to share with you her latest creation Dream A Little Dream.


I have a pile of books that I am wanting to read and the pile keeps getting higher with no end in sight and at the top of the pile was Giovanna Fletcher's Dream A Little Dream, I've pretty much had it since it was released but never felt in the mood to read (I have this problem ALOT) and with it wrote in my blog planner that I was due a post soon I got my ass in gear and decided to read it and by golly she's done it again.



Sarah is doing just fine...
Sure, she's been single for the last two years, and has to spend an uncomfortable amount of time around her ex-boyfriend, his perfect new girlfriend and all their mutual friends. And yes, her job as a PA to one of the most disgusting men in London is mind-numbingly tedious and her career is a constant disappointment to her mother. But it's okay. She's happy(ish).

So it's not surprising that when Sarah starts dreaming about a handsome stranger, she begins to look forward to falling asleep every night. Reality isn't nearly as exciting. That is until her dream-stranger makes an unexpected real-life appearance, leaving Sarah questioning everything she thought she wanted.

Because no one ever really finds the person of their dreams...do they?

As much as I loved this book I did find myself rolling my eyes as each dream sequence got closer together but that's nothing against the story I was just really getting into reading how Sarah got on with hanging out with her ex Dan and his girlfriend perfect Lexie, and the rest of the gang. One of the things I love about Giovanna's story telling is how she can make me feel I am actually within the book, it's all real and I'm friends with the characters, don't get me wrong if a book is good I get drawn in and get attached to the story and characters but with Giovanna's books I feel what the characters feel for instance there was an announcement from Dan and Lexie that my reaction was exactly the same as Sarah's, The reader even gets the feel of the closure Sarah gets when Dan reveals all to her. This has definitely become my favourite book from Giovanna, at one point I felt that someone should have covered my eyes as this was her first book to have an in detail sex scene, even Giovanna's husband Tom got a mention in one of Sarah's dreams, which proves that even though it's a fictional story, a reader can relate to matters in the book that many may have experienced in their own, for me I could really relate to all the why should my ex get a happy ending when he did something shitty and I still get all the crap (not that I can relate to it now but definitely my past). I got my book from Waterstones and it also includes a short story titled More Than Friends The story of Carly and Josh, an exclusive short story from Giovanna Fletcher about the blurry boundaries between friendship and love.

I highly recommend this book and her 2 previous books and I hope like me you get the thrill of the roller coaster emotions that come from her masterpieces.



I give this book 5 stars and await her next book.
Check out her complete collection:
Billy and Me
You're The One that I want
Dream a little Dream

PRAISE FOR GIOVANNA FLETCHER:

A gorgeous, gloriously romantic read with buckets of charm - Jill Mansell

Sweet and sparkling - Carole Matthews

A heartbreakingly beautiful story...I was totally and utterly captivated - Paige Toon

Do you have any book recommendations for me comment them below.
See you soon!





An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment