Monday 5 October 2015

BoA - Kiss My Lips


Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao



Hmmm I seemed to have misplaced my days, what day is it? oh that's right it's K-pop Monday! sorry it had to be done ha ha. I thought this week I'd introduce you to a singer that I started listening to this year and I'm annoyed that I didn't start listening to her sooner. Let me start off by saying BoA is no rookie in the entertainment world and has been active in the industry since 1997 with her debut album being released in 2000, with 15 years of albums under her belt it's no surprise she's labelled the Queen of K-pop. With 20 albums released I'm sure you can understand why, with 8 Korean albums, 3 Korean mini albums, 8 Japanese albums and 1 English album, you can see not only does she work hard but she strives at continuing to be the best she can. I may have only been listening to her a few months but I can honestly say she is one hell of an inspiring woman and a true role model for girls and women everywhere. I'm in awe of her.

Kiss my lips is BoA's 8th Korean album and her first Korean release in three years, the album was released May this year (2015), before it's release the album got a pre-release single called Who Are You, which was followed by the lead single Kiss My Lips, BoA herself admitted with this album she got many firsts from her 15 years in the industry. The album is a mixture of Dance, Ballad and R&B with each song written by BoA herself, she also composed for the tracks to with her also being credited as producer.

The MV for Who Are You follows a young woman (actress Kim Hyun-Ji) as she goes on blind dates, with EXO member and BoA's label mate Sehun playing the main male blind date. the lyrics tell the story of the excitement of a man and woman until meeting each other on a blind date. BoA doesn't feature heavily in the MV and didn't want to feature in the MV but felt as it was her song should make an appearance so she is mainly seen in the background on the TVs. Like with Zhoumi's collaboration with EXO's Chanyeol and Tao for his debut track my interest was piqued knowing Sehun appeared in the MV so gave it a watch and fell in love with the song and BoA (Thank you Sehun). Check out the video below and maybe you'll fall in love too.
(Owned by SM Entertainment)

In the lyrics for Kiss My Lips the speaker is provocatively urging her counterpart not to hesitate approaching her. The MV for Kiss My Lips follows along with a dark and sultry concept, a concept that BoA had said she wanted as she'd never approached it before, even the colour colour concept is quite dark it still makes the MV colourful and draws you in with BoA's help and as far as I'm aware this is the first time I've seen BoA feature all female dancers backing her up as she tends to flaunt her dancing skills with male dancers. I love the styling for the MV with BoA looks stunning in everything and pretty much working it. Check out the MV below and I'll be surprised if your not drawn in.
(Owned by SM Entertainment)

Kiss My Lips is one of the albums along with Girls Generation's Lion Heart/You Think, Shinee's Married To The Music & Super Juniors Magic album that has made my year in K-pop so far, there is not one song I dislike on this album and knowing that BoA wrote the lyrics to all the songs and composed the music makes the album for me that much better.

The album is set out in a hard back book style case with the CD and booklet easy to find inside, the sheer perfection of the pictures inside is amazing, all the pictures are classy with a sultry look and definitely give of a feminine feel, there is a selection of black and white pictures and colour pictures, with a few off focus shots which add to the perfection of the album.


Track List:
Kiss My Lips
Who Are You
Smash
Shattered
Fox
Double Jack
Home
Clockwork
Love and Hate
Green Light
Hello
Blah

I think this is the first album I've had and listened to where all the tracks have an English name, show that she is definitely excelling with her English, even the sheer amount of English in the track is more than I'm used to, hopefully she will get another shot to either crack America or come to the UK to release some stuff.

Front Cover

Cd & booklet



Track list




Kiss My Lips lyrics



Who Are You lyrics



Smash lyrics



Shattered lyrics


Fox lyrics


Double Jack lyrics



Home lyrics



Clockwork lyrics



Love and Hate lyrics



Green Light lyrics

Hello lyrics



Blah lyrics



BoA's Thank Yous


Album credits

BoA Producer

Back cover

Photo card


This is where I normally list my favourite tracks but I'm going to let you hear her full album and show off her amazing hard work and let you decide on which songs stick out for you, one of my ultimate favourite's is Blah and whether you speak Korean or not many people can relate to this song.


Kiss My Lips 
(By MBCkpop)

Who Are You 
(By KBS WORLD TV)

Smash
(By Kpop music)

Shattered
(By Kpop music)

Fox
(Owned by SM Entertainment)

Double Jack
(By KBSKpop)

Home
(By Candy Subs)

Clockwork 
(By K-pop music)

Love and Hate 
(By wavega Narshmallow)

Green Light 
(By TV-People)

Hello
(By Wavega Narshmallow)

Hello
I can only think she wrote this for her fans 
(By For BoA)

Blah
(By Wavega Narshmallow)


I hope you've found a new singer in BoA as I certainly did when I heard Who Are You, this album is definitely the cherry on top of the cake for me and I can only hope and wish for more from BoA. If you ever feel down, lonely or just want some inspiration then look to BoA she's a credit to women everywhere and definitely a role model to all women no matter their age.
See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment