Monday 21 September 2015

Super Junior: Mr Simple

Hello
An nyoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

Sorry for the lack of posts Thursday and Friday, I've noticed it tends to be those days I struggle getting posts up but fear not these two posts have been delayed for a later date. I always try and use the weekend to get upcoming week's post wrote ready to go live but let's face it sometimes things don't go as planned and I end up staring the week's posts Sunday evening and then struggle through the rest of the week. I even plan my posts weeks even months in advance and with my lack of Manga and Anime, Thursdays and Fridays posts tend to get left behind so I have to keep mixing up what I post those two days but I will try and keep them Asian orientated, so shall we start on today's post?

If you follow my blog then you will know what Monday means, it's my weekly dose of K-pop and in some groups case J-pop and C/M-pop (I've spent a long time thinking C-pop was Chinese pop music but obviously realised it means Cantonese with M-pop meaning Mandarin pop music). This week we're with Korean pop music as we revisit the Kings of SM Entertainment - Super Junior. At the moment Super Junior are celebrating 10 years together and have just released part two of their anniversary album before I'm assuming they go on hiatus with by the end of the year only having six active members with Donghae, Eunhyuk and Siwon all enlisting for the military service this year (Shindong and Sungmin already doing theirs) then it's rumored that maknae Kyuhyun and Ryeowook will enlist next year leaving only 4 active members of the group. I hope you will join with me and the rest of the SuJu fan base (E.L.F - Ever-Lasting Friends) when we wish for their safe return.


Now let me take you back five years to their 5th Korean album - Mr. Simple, like many other albums this album got a repackaged release titled A-Cha but I am yet to purchase that album so there won't be anything on it in this post.
Mr. Simple was the last album member Heechul participated in before he entered his military service. Released August 2011, by the end of the year both Mr.Simple and A-Cha were listed as the second best-selling album of the year and according to Gaon Chart as of the end of 2012 the album has sold a total of 543,623 domestically.
The lead single from the album was Mr. Simple, the MV is one of the famous box room sets and is brightly coloured making them stand out from the background and there isn't much of a theme or story to the MV it just focuses on the group singing and dancing. I love the intro for the song and MV.
Owned by SM Entertainment

The album is mostly Synthpop and was the last album to follow their Sorry Sorry 'SJ Funky' genre, the album also included a track by Sub-Unit group Super Junior-M a Korean version of their title track Perfection.
When I ordered this album I was expecting the usual K-pop CD case (see past K-pop posts for references) but when it arrived my jaw dropped, it came in a case the size a large vinyl would come in, I have to keep it separate from my other K-pop CD's as it's too big to fit on my bookcase. I'm assuming when it was originally released it came out with eleven separate covers, ten for the individual members and a group cover, but when I bought mine it was selected at random and I got leader Leeteuk. The case is brightly coloured with the members in brightly coloured outfits again showing how different fashion is in Korea some, say Asian fashion is in the lead but to me it looks like they are paying respects back to the 80's. The album comes with eleven coloured cards one for each of the ten members and then another card that has the lyrics to the songs and then the members thank yous on the opposite side.


Track List:
Mr. Simple
페라 (Opera)
라라라라 (Be My Girl)
Walkin'
폭풍 (Storm)
어느새 우린 (Good Friends)
결투 (Feels Good)
기억을 따라 (Memories)
해바라기 (Sunflower)
엉뚱한 상상 (White Christmas)
Y
My Love, My Kiss, My Heart - Sung by K.R.Y
태완미 (Perfection) - Sung by Super Junior-M


Front cover 


 Kyuhyun

 Shindong

 Donghae

 Leeteuk

 Ryeowook

 Yesung

 Sungmin

 Heechul

 Siwon

 Eunhyuk♡

Lyrics

Thank yous & album credits 

Back cover 

I've not listened to this album much but there are songs on the album that I love listening to.
Mr. Simple
페라 (Opera)
Walkin'
어느새 우린 (Good Friends)
결투(Feels Good)
해바라기 (Sunflower)
My Love, My Kiss, My Heart - Sung by K.R.Y (Kyuhyun, Ryeowook & Yesung)
태완미 (Perfection) - Sung by Super Junior-M


Mr. Simple 
(By ChulChoChie)


(Opera)
(By Cyan1403)


Walkin' 
(By Cyan1403)


(Good Friends)
(By Platypizz2)


(Feels Good)
(By Platypizz2)


(Sunflower)
(By Platypizz2)


My Love, My Kiss, My Heart - Sung by K.R.Y 
(By Platypizz2)


(Perfection) - Sung by Super Junior-M 
(Owned by SM Entertainment)

Well that's for another k-pop Monday, sorry the post is quite late I'm still not feeling well but hope you've enjoyed it all the same.
See you soon! 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment