Monday 28 September 2015

Shinee: Hello


Hello
An nyeong
Konnichwa
Ni hao



Welcome to another K-pop post about Shinee, as you may have noticed with these K-pop posts there's more about my favourite artists as I tend to buy their CD's past and present so I have a lot more of their music to share other than other groups I like, and I'm sure you've noticed a company name a lot in these posts: SM Entertainment. Many people take me for an SM stan (SM fan) because most of the groups I like are from that company, but where I love their groups doesn't mean I'm big on the company, I've read a lot of things about how they treat their idols badly and it wasn't something I paid much attention to until Jessica Jung, no matter what is said about the company I will listen to both sides of the 'story' and make up my own mind and opinion on matters that get released *my opinion on a certain Tao predicament in a future EXO post* now let's get back to business.

July 2010 saw Shinee release their second full length Korean album Lucifer with it's repackaged album Hello released three months later in October. Lucifer sold 124,961 copies making it the 6h best-selling album of 2010 and Hello selling 63,118 copies making it the 17th best selling album of the same year. Pictures posted in this post are only of the repackaged album Hello, as I am yet to purchase Lucifer. The album shows a group effort with a selection of the songs being wrote by the members. Onew made is lyricist debut with the track Your Name (track 9 on Lucifer & track 12 on Hello), all the members co-wrote the lyrics to 악 (shout Out), track 7 on Lucifer & track 10 on Hello), Minho wrote the raps for Up & Down, 욕 (Obsession), Your Name and co-wrote the song WOWOWOW (track 8 on Lucifer & track 11 on Hello) He also wrote the rap for Hello and co-wrote One and Get It with member Key. Jonghyun also had his hand in co-writing a few songs for Up & Down and 욕 (Obsession).

The MV for title track Lucifer was released July 19th via YouTube and I have to say Lucifer is one of my favourite Shinee tracks and I think if I had heard this song when it was released would've been in K-pop and Shinee a lot sooner than I was, I never get tired of hearing this song or watching this MV.
The MV is set in SM's famous box set with the members getting individual styles from their clothing to their hair (Taemin and his mid-length locks), the MV has a dark and grungy feel to it which I think fits the style of the song perfectly, the MV also has a futuristic feel to it with the styling, and even though it features the members individually they still focus on what Shinee are famous and known for their in-sync group dance and performance. I don't know about anyone else but Onew may be my bias in Shinee but this MV my eyes are constantly drawn to Taemin (long hair and red trousers). Check out the MV below.

October 4th saw the release of their Hello MV, the first time I heard this song was when I received the repackaged album and I was hooked from the first listen. The MV is set on a street set with individual members having individual shots on the street and Taemin in his own little room, again each member was given a different style with hairstyles and colours changing. They all look so adorable and innocent in this MV which is a big change from Lucifer, showing the guys making and giving gifts to a certain someone. Check out the MV below.

Hello is set out in a thin book style case (like Girls Generation's Hoot & Oh!) with a fold out front and back cover, with the back cover folding out to reveal the CD, they styling for the album is from the Hello MV and each member gets individual shots with their personal thanks to section, the last few pages are of the lyrics and the album credits. The pictures create an innocence and showing how young they look.


Track List:
LUCIFER
Hello
하나 (One)
Get It
UP & DOWN
Electric Heart
A-yo
욕 (Obsession)
화살 (Quasimodo)
악 (Shout Out)
WOWOWOW
Your Name
Life
Ready or Not
Love Pain
사.계.후 (Love Still Goes On)

Front cover



L-R
Minho, Key, Jonghyun, Taemin & Onew♡

Jonghyun

Jonghyun

Taemin

Taemin

Key

Key

Onew♡

Onew♡

Minho

Minho


L-R
Minho, Taemin, Key, Jonghyun & Onew♡

Lyrics

Lyrics

album credits


L-R
Key, Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun & Onew♡


L-R
Onew♡, Jonghyun, Key, Taemin & Minho

Back cover

Hello is an all round amazing album, where some songs I had to listen to a few times to get into them there were songs that I loved from the first listen, like other songs that people like there are points of songs that stick on your head and you can't but sing along, in my case I try, check out a few of my favourites below.
LUCIFER
Hello
UP & DOWN
악 (Shout Out)
Your Name
Ready or Not

LUCIFER
MBCkpop

Hello
(By MBCkpop)


Up & Down
(By Natt Kim)


악 (Shout out)
(By DaebakLyrics)

Your Name
(By THE WIKIDEA)


Ready or Not
(By miniithamona)


Ready or Not 
(By Platypizz2)

My K-pop posts are planned all the way up to the 2nd of November so I know who and what album I'll be posting about, Halloween week we'll be revisiting Shinee with their brand new album and repackaged album Odd and Married To The Music so please anticipate their return. The next few weeks I'll introduce you to B.O.A, 2pm and we also revisit Girls Generation-TTS with their second release ready for their third release this December, we'll also be saying hello again to EXO.
See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment