Monday 3 August 2015

Girls Generation: Love & Peace

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 



It's that time again, It's K-pop/J-pop Monday. This week it's Girls Generation's 3rd Japanese album Love & Peace, released in 2013 this was my first Girls Generation pre - order and I've said in the past the expense that comes with being into K-pop and buy I have to say because I order Japanese releases from CD Japan they tend to end up really expensive this one after shipping and import tax set me back £50 and it was £50 well spent, there were 4 physical releases to this CD which with each version upped the price (regular edition, limited edition w/DVD, limited edition w/blu ray & first press limited edition) I pre ordered the limited edition with the DVD, after missing out on the first press limited editions on this album and next weeks post album I always order the most limited edition versions now.
Three singles were released before the album got it's official release they were; Love & Girls, Galaxy Supernova & My Oh My.

Love & Girls is an upbeat song that could have been used for South Korea as the teams world cup song, it's catchy and has a happy go lucky feel to it with it being a song that no matter the language you speak is easy to join in with and sing along, even the dance is fun and easy to join in with. The MV was a GG first and included their fans doing the routine with them, the style for this MV was casual with the girls mainly being in shorts and jeans giving it a summery feel.
Owned by SM Entertainment 

The second single was Galaxy Supernova another upbeat and out of this world track from the girls, the MV was colourful with it filmed in one of the famous box sets it mainly features the girls dancing with the occasional solo member shots, for the styling they went back to their coloured skinny jeans Gee days teaming it up with crop tops and crop jackets and also spacetastic mini dresses. Galaxy Supernova saw them being the models for a designers jeans hence a lot of close ups of their legs and butts. One thing I love about this song is the lyrics 'cutest girls in the galaxy' and 'perfect girls in the galaxy' there's one thing I can't deny they are the cutest girls in the galaxy as well as being perfect. Something South Korea aims for in their idols.
Owned by SM Entertainment 

The third and final single release for the Love & Peace album was My Oh My, this was my first GG MV release I got to witness after subscribing to SM on YouTube and like other MV'S My Oh My is full of colour and has a bit of comedy to the video, the MV follows the members making the lead male suffer after it seems he is caught cheating, there is a section of the MV where SeoHyun and Tiffany are shown showing their pinky finger make of that as you will but I know what I thought when seeing that. I love the styling for this MV it gives them both a sexy concept as well as a pretty and chic look that most girls would follow.
Owned by SM Entertainment 

Love & Peace is set out and designed like their Girls & Peace album giving the intention that the albums are related, there's not really a theme to this album it just seems to showcase the girls both as a group as well as individuals giving them separate fashionable outfits making each member stand out.



Tracklist:
Gossip Girls
Motorcycle 
Flyers 
Galaxy Supernova 
Love & Girls 
Beep Beep
My Oh My
Lips 
Do The Catwalk 
Karma Butterfly 
Lingua Franca 
Everyday Love 


Front of booklet 
Tracklist & group shot

Tiffany 
L-R
Jessica & YoonA 
L-R
Sunny & YoonA 
L-R
Sunny & SooYoung 

L-R
SeoHyun & TaeYeon 
L-R
YuRi & HyoYeon 
L-R
YuRi & HyoYeon 
L-R
Jessica & SooYoung 
L-R
Tiffany, SeoHyun & TaeYeon 
Karma Butterfly Lyrics
Lingua Franca Lyrics 

Song credits 
DVD & album credits 
Back of booklet

I can never fault any Girls Generation songs they always do what they are meant to and showcase each members vocals and even though Hyoyeon doesn't have the strongest vocals her voice is always a pleasure to hear. My favourite tracks are as follows:
Motorcycle 
Flyers 
Galaxy Supernova 
Beep Beep 
Do The Catwalk 
Karma Butterfly 
Lingua Franca 
Everyday Love 

My ultimate favourite song on the album is Karma Butterfly and when they did their 3rd Japan Tour this was the one song I was looking forward to seeing the performance of.

Motorcycle 

Flyers 

Beep Beep 

Do The Catwalk 

Karma Butterfly 

Lingua Franca 

Everyday Love 

See you soon! 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment