Wednesday 26 August 2015

G-Friend - Season of Glass


Hello
An nyoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao



Welcome to another post from K-pop Monday! this week is a new girl group that debuted January this year (2015) consisting of six members.
G-Friend came to my attention when they were accused by Girls Generation fans of plagiarism for their MV of Glass Bead saying that it copied GG's Into The New World, the curios SONE I am whenever there's news like this involving Girls Generation I thought I'd check it out and was pleasantly surprised, even though I personally heard and saw the similarities between the songs I never thought they had copied my girls (yes GG are my girls), they brought a freshness to the K-pop world with a majority of artists using a sexier concept as they matured it was nice to see a rookie group starting again with the cute and innocent theme right for their age, it definitely suits them.

owned by KT Music & Source Music

Right back to the girls as I stated before G-Friend consists of six members their ages ranging from the youngest being 16 and the oldest being 19, all six members have skills in both singing and dancing and all six girls are extremely pretty, something that doesn't surprise me in the K-pop industry, like other groups I like I also have my favourite members and even though I've been a fan since the release of Glass Bead I still have trouble putting names to faces the only two members I tend to be able to put name to face are Yuju (because of her shoe mishap when performing) and SinB they are also my two favourite members: Yuju because her vocals are amazing, with those vocals she's clearly the lead singer of the group and SinB because she reminds me of a certain Ice Princess, ya'll know who I'm talking about.
Let me introduce you to the girls:

Sowon

Yerin

Eunha

Suju

SinB

Umji

The album is set out like Girls Generations HOOT mini album as in the photobooklet style case with stunning and fun pictures of the girls inside, the CD itself is in a card slipcase which in my opinion for this style of CD case is a lot better and prettier for both the case and the CD itself. The album contains five tracks, in which the girls showcase their vocals on three of them, the album kicks off with an intense Intro song that prepares you for what I think is an incredible album, with only hearing their first single I went in with this CD blind not knowing what story it would tell and I was pleasantly surprised with how the vocals seemed distributed between each member with obviously the high notes going to the lead, it was also nice to hear songs that could be classed as cheesy tween love songs, songs that make you want to dance, there's one song I love to sing along to especially on this album and feel like a teen again doing a cheesy heart symbol with my hands, I say it's cheesy but I love it.


Tracklist:

Intro

유리구슬 (Glass Bead)

Neverland
White
유리구슬 (Glass Bead)(Inst.)

Like other K-pop albums I have shared with you especially the mini albums the concept and theme for the photo's within the album are based on their lead single and for this album it's no different, this concept is the usual cute and innocent young girl with natural looking make up and mainly dressed in P.E style clothes.


Yerin
Yerin
Yerin

SinB
SinB
SinB

Eunha
Eunha
Eunha

Sowon
Sowon
Sowon

Umji
Umji
Umji

Yuju
Yuju
Yuju


Glass Bead Lyrics

Neverland Lyrics

White Lyrics


Group Thank You's

Album Credits







There is no song to dislike on this album they're all catchy and each song shows off their strengths, with both Glass Bead and Neverland being upbeat songs that you can get up and dance to and White being a mid-tempo ballad you can easily sit down and just listen to their voices and chill out. Why not even attempt to sing along to the instrumental version of Glass Bead, please tell me I'm not the only one that sings along to the instrumental versions, in my case badly for two obvious reasons: one I can't sing at all and two my Korean is basically me thinking I'm fluent and possibly mispronouncing words to the point I could be saying something offensive and not knowing.

Intro

Glass Bead

Neverland



White

G-Friend are the first Korean group I've followed since their first release and I'm excited to see how they will grow and blossom in the industry and what their musical future will bring, hoping they reach the heights that Girls Generation have worked to and reached, I hope G-Friend fans like how I played on the words of grow and blossom (hint, hint).

Flower Bud
Coming Soon!!

See you soon!



An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment