Monday 29 June 2015

Girls Generation: I Got A Boy

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 



You've guessed it, it's K-pop Monday! As you may have guessed from the title it's another Girls Generation special. Girls Generation is the only group that I have all their albums in my collection, so far where no where near the end of their releases so I thought I'd carry on with them. We're also slowly and sadly getting closer to the end of Jessica's journey as part of Girls Generation.
I Got A Boy was released January 1st 2013 and has since been their last full length Korean album as well as their final full length Korean album with Jessica (Jessica's final Korean release with GG will feature next week). SM ENTERTAINMENT are set to release details during the week for their first full length album release without Jessica. Back to I Got A Boy, like many fans when I first heard the song I was unexpectedly surprised as this was a new style of song for them and to be honest this song took a while for me to really get my teeth into, I Got A Boy was one of the few songs that had to grow on me and now I love it. I Got A Boy is your typical Kpop music video: brightly coloured with an intense dance routine and amazing vocals, the dance routines was that intense that for the first time SM allowed them to dance in sneakers instead of their trademark heels.
Owned by SM Entertainment 

2013 also saw the first ever YouTube awards with Girls Generation being up for video of the year up against the likes of One Direction, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Demi Lovato. THEY WON! Tiffany was there to collect the award and even though their was no response from the crowd she gracefully accepted the award, even the racist comments that appeared online after couldn't dampen us S♡ne's happiness for the girls. I've noticed if someone doesn't understand or like something they can become nasty, comments on the girls winning mainly came from 1D and Justin Bieber fans mainly commenting saying they should go back to China (7 of the girls are Korean), also commenting on Tiffany's English saying she should go back and learn English, Tiffany is your typical American girl and whenever she says anything from the heart she tends to revert back to English to get the message across.

Another single that was released from the I Got A Boy album was a re worked version of Duffy's Mercy, their version was called Dancing Queen, what I found strange was I dislike Mercy But I love Dancing Queen.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Dancing Queen was originally meant to be released as their lead single from their first mini album but due to copyright issues had to be swapped to the release of Gee (the song that made them the global stars they are today) and the release of Dancing Queen was postponed until the I Got A Boy era.

Tracklist :
I Got A Boy
Dancing Queen
Baby Maybe
Talk Talk
Promise
Express 999
Lost In Love
Look At Me
XYZ
Romantic St.

The album is a mix of the usual up tempo tracks and amazing ballads, Dancing Queen's lyrics were co wrote with both Jessica and Tiffany. Their song Baby Maybe was originally wrote in English by Pixie Lott with the Korean lyrics being wrote by Yuri, SeoHyun & SooYoung, Pixie Lott also sung the demo with it being rumoured that she wrote the song with the girls in mind and was reported to tweet to listen to their new album. Lost In Love is a duet sung by TaeYeon & Tiffany and Express 999 is a reference to the Anime Galaxy Express 999, Talk Talk also features on their second Japanese with the name of Boomerang.

The album was released as 10 versions, being 9 individual versions for each of the members and a group version, if you can see from the first pictures I have 2 of the member versions, I have Jessica's version and HyoYeon's version. The album is basically displayed in a box stlye case with the photobook at one side covered by a clear sleeve, and the CD on the opposite side with a clear CD cover protecting the CD.

Jessica's Version
















Jessica's thank you's 
Album credits 

HyoYeon's Version 















Dancing Queen lyrics
Credit given to Duffy
Baby Maybe lyrics 
credit given to Pixie Lott

HyoYeon's thank you's 
Album credits 

My favourite tracks are:
I Got A Boy 
Dancing Queen 
Baby Maybe 
Express 999 
Look At Me 
XYZ 
Romantic St 

Baby Maybe 

English demo for baby maybe 

Express 999 

XYZ

Romantic St. 

Next week won't feature their final Korean release as stated above with Jessica, I've realised I've skipped past an album that was released with their FIRST ENGLISH single, please anticipate it.

See you soon! 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment