Monday 27 April 2015

Girls Generation: the first mini albums and change of concept

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 

My second Girls Generation blog post, as their next 3 albums were mini albums I'd thought I'd write about them in one.


Gee: the first mini album 
Gee was the first song I ever heard by Girls Generation and it was the first time I'd ever heard about k-pop (korean) and j-pop (japanese) even though I was sat there thinking "what is this? What am I watching?" Probably what most of my friends think now. I can't deny that I was also thinking "wow they're so pretty" and "this sounds really good and catchy" in the Korean MV the girls are seen as mannequins whereas in the Japanese MV the girls were seen as shop assistants.

Owned by SM Entertainment 
Gee continued their Sweet, cutesy and innocent image and concept and was the song that shot them to fame and made them to be as successful as they are today.
The mini album continued the concept with them wearing barely there make up.





I love that the photography for the pictures of the girls featured headsets of them with a full body shot on the joining page, I always find their album photobooks are breathtaking.






After the head shots there are more colourful pictures of the girls wearing outfits seen in the MV. I love their MV outfits their very girly even though they're in skinny jeans.







My favourite songs: 
Gee
Way to go
Way to go seems to be the song they use at concerts to run around, be energetic and have fun together on stage without it being choreographed.

Tell me your wish (Genie): the second mini album
Genie saw a slight change in concept, instead of it being sweet and innocent in everyday clothes they were changed to a slightly sexier concept wearing military and air force attire. Genie always remains one of my favourite Girls Generation tracks. It was from this song that fandom name was created. Sone (pronounced Sowon) is the Korean word for Wish.

Owned by SM Entertainment 
Genie continued the success that Gee started and showed even more so their in sync dance routines.
The concept in the mini album continued the video concept.





As expected from SM the photography is on point with none of the girls wearing the same outfit and pulling each look off.











My favourite songs:
Genie
Etude 
Boyfriend 

Hoot: The third mini album
Hoot saw another concept change to a more sexier image and this time they were 70's spy girls this concept always reminds me of Austin Powers and the style suited each of the girls. Hoot also featured Choi Siwon of Super Junior the male equivalent of Girls Generation.


Owned by SM Entertainment 
While still popular and well received it wasn't as popular as Gee or Genie.
The mini album also continued the concept throughout. This album also came with a few extras.


From their earlier concepts I love this one they all look good in 70's spy attire.






The added extras I got with the Hoot mini album was a photocard (comes with most k-pop albums) and a sticker sheet.




My favourite songs:
Hoot
My Best Friend 
Snowy Wish 

I'm going to try and start weekly posts and have wrote out blogs to do on my planner, I'm going to do a mixture of posts with k-pop featuring on Mondays.


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment